The Victorian Government is currently reviewing our Residential Tenancies Act (RTA), which controls safety, security and privacy for 1.2 million people across the state.
This is a rare opportunity to make positive changes to these laws, but we are also at risk of seeing consumer protections for tenants weakened. If this happens, the most vulnerable people will be hit hardest.
We are calling on Premier Daniel Andrews and the Victorian Government to:
- Improve security of tenure and rental access
- Protect tenant health and safety
- Expand privacy and fair use protections
- Protect low income and vulnerable tenants
- Rule out punitive measures that would harm tenants, particularly those at risk of homelessness
Sign now and show your support for Victoria's 1.2 million renters and their need for safety, stability and privacy. Download a printable version here.